Are you interested in learning how to quilt? A hobby for many hundreds of years, quilting is all the rage right now on social media. Just do a search on the quilting hashtag and you’ll be amazed at all of the beautiful creations that artists are coming up with.
If you have ever considered taking up this craft or have already purchased items, but aren’t sure what to do next, this list is for you. You will find helpful beginner guides from supplies you are going to need to ways to finish your first quilt.
- Quilting for Complete Beginners has you covered from A to Z. There are detailed instructions for making your first quilt, supplies you will need, and tips to help you along the way. You’ll be quilting in no time with this guide.
- Learn to Sew Your First Quilt is an easy step-by-step tutorial to help you make your very first quilt. There is even a free pattern.
- Quilt Supplies for Beginners has a detailed list of everything you will need to buy to get started on your quilting journey.
- Quilting Basics has detailed step-by-step photos to help you learn how to cut and measure fabric. These are all important skills to have when just beginning.
- Mistakes Beginner Sewists Don’t Know They are Making is not specifically for quilters, but almost all of the tips can be used by quilters and sewists alike. It is always good to know what things to avoid.
- Beginner’s Quilt Sewing Tutorial is another easy pattern and tutorial that takes the reader through the entire process of making a quilt. The pattern is easy, fun and vibrant and there are plenty of examples so you get a good idea of what it will look like in various colors.
- Basics for Beginners is an article that contains a brief introduction to quilting. It then goes on to link to various sections which demonstrate all of the basic skills needed to start quilting.
- Learn the Basics of Quilting with this helpful article. It goes over all sorts of things including fabric selection and understanding batting.
- Machine Quilting for Beginners is a video perfect for those of you who have finished making your first quilt top and are ready to quilt it.
- Patchwork and Quilting Basics Quilt Book by Jo Avery is the ideal guide for those of you just starting out. With 128 pages, everything you need to know about quilting can be found in this book. You can purchase it on the Fat Quarter Shop website.
subscribe for updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting updates, and offers.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.