What are precut fabrics? If you are new to quilting then you are probably wondering what some of the terms mean. Precuts are just that, pieces of fabric cut into various sizes and sold in packs. They are ideal for certain projects and many people love using them.
Connecting Threads sells all types of precuts imaginable in gorgeous fabric selections. You can see their selection here.
- Fat Eighths – A piece of fabric cut from a yard of fabric is cut into eight squares
- Fat Quarters – A piece of fabric cut from a yard of fabric is cut into four squares
- 5″ Squares – Also known as charm packs, this is a set of multiple 5″ fabric squares
- 10″ Squares – Also known as a layer cake, this is a set of multiple 10″ fabric squares
- 2 1/2″ Strips – Also known as a strip set or a jelly roll, this is a pack of fabric strips that are 2 1/2″ by width of fabric, normally 42″ long
subscribe for updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting updates, and offers.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.